28 January 2006

swamped

busy busy at work... no lunch for the wicked all this week, nor much of a dinner, so no food posts or photos. :(

It's the lunar new year tomorrow, and although I was kinda excited about celebrating it in a city with a large Chinese population when I first arrived, it looks like I'll be stuck indoors tomorrow redesigning an experiment that I've just wasted 6 months on. :( But at least I've avoided having to actually come into the lab... Haven't had the time nor inclination to get the usual CNY goodies. Double :( At least my parents brought me some mini shrimp rolls when they were here. :) And left me a red packet to open. Double :)

And at least I had the presence of mind to buy some clementines at the Farmers' Market. It's not Chinese New Year for me unless I gorge myself on mandarins, tangerines and clementines for the first three days. (I can hear my grandma now telling me it's "heaty" to eat too much citrus...)

No comments: